Tuesday, March 15, 2016

At least there are fancy pictures

Just a quick update on Robert since I know you are dying for one.

"Where have you been?"
"What have you been doing?!"
"WHERE ARE ALL YOUR FABULOUSLY WITTY AND SARCASTIC POSTS?!?!?"

Whoa. Chill, bro. You have missed absolutely nothing. Bobby has been wallowing around in the mud, getting vaccinated and made fun of by the vet, showing off his conformation picture posing skills also to the vet, and waiting for all his presents.

Dudes, so many presents. I can't wait to show you all what I got, but in summation my order in to SmartPak was both massive and mundane, but it will be here tomorrow which is lightening fast (I put the order in last night!) and exciting to me.

While spending money on pony things, I also took advantage of the sale Area II photographer Amy Dragoo was having that you all probably saw on Eventing Nation and/or facebook and/or everywhere and ordered a couple digital files of Bobby's last event at Plantation. There were a couple of really good ones that were printable, but I already have so many pony pictures around the house, I figured instead I'd pay to bombard social media with them instead. Yay!



Right? So amazing.

The big brown beast got cracked by Chiro this morning, who spent almost an hour working on his butt to get everything right as rain again. He was a HOT. MESS. Fortunately he was perfect everywhere else but in his jaw where he got a quick adjustment, but the wonkiness BM and I were feeling under saddle last week was definitely from a wildly out of place pelvis.

That all got put back to where it belongs, only Chiro said, "You're going to hate me, but no riding for a week!" Boo. Instead lots of stretching the hind legs special broken horse ways to make sure the adjustment sticks, and then back to work next Monday or Tuesday.

I might have another book review coming up, and also maybe there will just be blog silence for several days.

22 comments:

  1. These pics are so nice, and good for you for supporting that cause. I was pretty bummed when I read about it, because I can't imagine being in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE SP's lightning fast shipping! Can't wait to hear about what you got :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two look really good in those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously jealous of your awesome pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobert looks so good in those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures are awesome, I especially love the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures!! They are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the neck in the first one

    ReplyDelete
  9. those pictures! such fierce, much majestic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am diggin the purple armband! Awesome photos. Not so awesome mini vacation, but presents can make up for that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pics!! :D Hope your boy enjoys his week of leisure time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lets just talk about those mother.fucking.knees. You may say my cow horse life is badass, your eventing life is way more bad ass. Ten points to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also apparently I haven't commented in awhile, because i'm a terrible lurker - no commenter - and thus, felt the need to use ALL THE SWEAR WORDS.

      Delete
  13. presents? I love Smartpak presents

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damn - those are some pretty freaking awesome photos. Especially the first one. If these two don't make the cut, holy hell, what do you have on display at home???

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those photos seriously make me want some Robert!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We found your weblog is very handy for us. When you keep going this perfect work I’ll come back to your site!
    Riding Boots

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.