Monday, November 16, 2015

TRM Blog Hop: 25 Questions

I have lots of ride recaps I want to cover from the past week (including some lesson video!), but that requires serious brain effort. Fortunately, Cathryn wrote up a blog hop that was easy filler until then!

1. Mares or Geldings? Why?
Geldings because I don't like girls. In any capacity. As a girl, I can confidently say we are all bitchy fucking wenches with few good moments interspersed. 

2. Green-broke or Fully Broke?
I prefer green broke. I like installing my own buttons on horses and have them go in a particular way--the way Carly knows how to ride way.

3. Would you own a "hotter" breed (ie. Arabian, Trakhener, etc).
Are Thorougbreds considered a hotter breed? Irregardless, they are the only breed I've ever owned and ever will own.


too amped to walk when there are applauding fans on hand.


4. What was your "dream horse" growing up?
A dark bay Thoroughbred. But one that was not a mule, so don't tell me Bobby is fulfilling all my childhood fantasies.

5. What kind of bit(s) do you use and why?
Bobby schools in a plain old egg butt. He previously jumped in an elevator except at our last show where he went in a slow twist dee. Not sure what I'm going to go with next year.

6. Helmets or no helmets?
#helmetnazi. Put one on, assholes.

7. Favorite horse color?
I love me a shiny, coppery chestnut.

8. Least favorite horse color?
Red/brown and white paints. Meh.

9. Dressage or Jumping?
I'm way better at dressage than I am at jumping, and a much better cross country rider than I am show jumping rider. Sooo...I guess in that order of liking. Really, I just don't like stadium period. Fuck you, stadium.


so good at dressage.

10. How many years have you been riding?
Off and on in random spurts since I was five.

11. Spurs/whip or no spurs/whip?
I ride in spurs every time. I jump with Mr Spanky pretty much every time unless I forget him in my tack trunk. Mr Spanky's long necked dressage cousin Mr Tappy only comes out on the very rare occasion as he makes Bobby a little stupid.

12. Your first fall?
I got thrown into a round pen panel by my lease hony (a TB/Welsh gelding) after riding him for a few months. And then he dumped me twice more in that same lesson, once completely over the round pen panels we were riding in. I have a very vivid memory of this entire ride probably for this exact reason.

13. When was the last time you rode and what did you do?
I rode Bobby this morning and jumped small jumps before going for a trail ride.

14. Most expensive piece of tack you own?
Either one of my super cheap synthetic saddles, one of which was a gift. I'm [horse] poor, yo.

15. How old were you when you started riding?
I started riding at five in the backwoods of South Carolina.

16. Leather or Nylon halters?
Anything that doesn't rub or make my delicate flower's face sweat if it stays on for more than two minutes.

17. Leather or Synthetic saddles?
Anything I can afford and fits my horse.

18. What "grip" of reins do you like?
It is a proven fact that I am only able to ride in rubber reins.


so much angst went into having to use laced reins for hunter land it was ridic.


19. English or Western?
I'm primarily an English rider, but I do love romping around in Western tack when the mood strikes. 

20. How many horses do you currently own/lease?
Just the one majestic unicorn.

that hello kitty sleezy was the best purchase of my life.


21. Do you board your horse? Self-care/full board? Home board?
I board, and as much as not having things done exactly the way I want them sometimes, after both having horses at home and doing self care on rented land, I'm never not boarding again.

22. Have you ever had to put down a horse that you loved?
Yes, the greatest Red Pony to ever live.

23. How many saddle pads do you have?
Almost none. I've bought three saddles pads in my entire life. The rest have either been gifts, rejects that have been passed on from other people, or won at a show.

24. Slant-load trailer or straight haul?
Straight load all the way.

25. Why do you ride?
Because I lack the ambition to do anything else with my life. And I heart ponies?

riding and snacking: my two favorite things.

11 comments:

  1. I also harbor an intense hatred for stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is his mane doing in that last pic? Because it totally looks like you cut dragon spines into his mane. Which would be awesome because Bobby seems kinda like a dragon some days. Other days, not so much, but some days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had just come out of braids and was drying from a sponge down. Dragon spikes would be better though!

      Delete
  3. I must steal this.
    Also, I totally thought those were spikes in his mane too...dragon Bobby?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg that smiling Dressage pic, amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. I think I might need to upgrade to a hello kitty sleezy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bobby just can't get enough of his adoring fans, can he? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart ponies is the best reason. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr Tappy and Mr Spanky hahaha.

    Thank you for joining in - I will add you to the "hop" :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The girl comment especially rings true. Also the fact that you have names for your whips is just pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think TBs count as a hotter breed, I mean Trake's are like a lot of TB in them (as other wbs but don't tell the WB ppl that)

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.