Thursday, October 23, 2014

For Sale: HDR Pro Close Contact

I keep meaning to just stick this on the bottom of one of my posts, but then I get done writing, hit "Publish", and have forgotten yet again. So I figured I'd just make it its own post before I forget for the third week in a row.

I'm selling my jump saddle. I love it, and I'd love to keep it, but it's just a hair too wide on Bobby even with a half pad that he gets a little back sore if I ride in it too many days in a row.

It's a 17.5" seat with a wide tree. I'm asking $450 for it, plus $35 shipping. Including shipping, that's barely more than I paid for it when I bought it last year. It's in great condition. I clean it regularly, and it lives safely locked up in my locker with a saddle cover on it and a towel padding the saddle rack. It has the usual wear marks on it (see pictures), but there's absolutely nothing structurally wrong with it.

I really want to sell it to someone I know (I also have it listed at my barn) because selling something as expensive as a saddle really freaks me out. I've read your horror stories. People are nutso.

If anyone is interested, or knows someone that they know is not a psycho that might be interested, please email me at starkeycarly@gmail.com







7 comments:

  1. I agree with the selling of the saddles to people you know and trust. I sold my Toulouse to a 16-year old girl in Florida (she thought I was located in Georgia). When her mom called and realized I was even further away she was hesitant to have me ship it but after talking with her for almost 45 minutes about her daughter and riding, she wanted it even more. I am still friends with her daughter on Facebook, Instagram, and she follows B. I still get texts here and there about her competitions and how much she loves the saddle which makes me so happy. Good luck with the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well with the sale, people be cray-cray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't currently know anyone, but I'll keep it at the back of my head! Good luck with the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely saddle... and i'd love to get a leather saddle for izzy... but i also just had to sell my own wide-tree HDR bc it was laughably narrow on her.. boo weird arab backs :( good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a believer in consignment. Its worth the less $$$ in comissions to not deal with crazy people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck. I have a couple listed and I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh I want it.. I need a new saddle for my mare, but she is so hard to fit, I don't think I can buy without trying it first..

    And I can verify that people be cray with saddle sales.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.