Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Bloody Liebster Award

It's like I refrained from swearing, isn't it?

So several people nominated this blog for the Liebster award: Equestrian at HartGrey Brook EventingFly On Over, and Equinpilot. First of all, thank you! I'm glad our trials, tribulations, and general lack of success in all things horse-related have inspired such love.

I was awarded this last year as well, but never actually put forth any effort into answering the questions. Also, last year you got a cheesy graphic as a prize. So here's one to pop onto your side bar:


yay, you!

Since multiple people sent this bad boy over here, I'm going to be clever and answer multiple questions. Now I may do math like Justin Timberlake, but with four blogs, I'm going to make it 12 questions and answer three from each blog. Fair enough? Then let's get on with it!


How to Accept the Award: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
  • Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
  • List 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions given to you.
  • Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
  • Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
  • Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts:

  1. I'm like a savant when it comes to mazes. Give me any maze on the entire planet and I can find the way through it in one go without ever having to backtrack and hesitate. It is quite possibly the most useless skill on the planet.
  2. Even if I've never been to a place before, if I know the mileage, I can predict our arrival time within five minutes irregardless of traffic, weather, or speed. Another painfully useless talent.
  3. My parents divorced when I was in 8th grade, and I haven't seen or spoken to my father in two years. He sends me a check and a text on my birthday and at Christmas, and we're both perfectly okay with this arrangement. 
  4. On that note, I haven't spoken to my sister in ten years and it is absolutely the best decision I have ever made. 
  5. I was a vegetarian for eight years.
  6. Hubby is not actually my Hubby. Right?! We're only engaged. We were planning our wedding when both our families went bridezilla on us without actually being the bride, and we agreed to indefinitely put a halt to wedding planning until we both got excited about it again.
  7. I had a speech impediment growing up--I couldn't say my Rs.
  8. I was named for Carly Simon.
  9. I used to play the violin.
  10. I don't drink alcohol. I can count on both hands the number of drinks I've had my entire life. I hate the taste of all things alcoholic, no matter what it is.
  11. I can put my leg behind my head.
my sister and i totally faking liking each other at ages 12 and 10.
also, look how fashion forward i was with those bangs.

Questions:

  1. If you could travel to any place in world, where would it be and why? 
    1. Africa. I don't have a specific reason, it just seems so fabulous. It's definitely on my to-do list.
  2. Name one attribute that would be a deal-breaker for a horse you would like to purchase?
    1. If it was a mare, or grey, or not an OTTB. 
  3. Favorite famous racehorse?
    1. Megahertz.
  4. What is your horse's favorite treat?
    1. Carrots. Seems cliche, but he goes crazy for them.
  5. Describe your dream barn. 
    1. Four stalls with a tack room, feed room, and individual runs off each stall. No boarders allowed.
  6. Cats or dogs?
    1. I love my kitties to death, but if I could only have one, it would be dogs.
  7. Discipline you would like to try:
    1. We're going to try to make it team penning this year. Can't wait!
  8. What was your inspiration to start riding or being involved with horses?
    1. When I was five and my sister was seven, my mom wanted to get us involved in outside activities. We both signed up for dance classes, but I failed at that immediately so I tried horseback riding instead, and here we are today.
  9. Favorite color?
    1. Green.
  10. Name one fear.
    1. Only one? How about being eaten by a fucking shark?
  11. What is a funny fact about your horse?
    1. He loves Mountain Dew. He is an addict. 
  12. Favorite gait?
    1. The walk.

11 Questions for you, from me:
  1. If you could assume the identity of any person for one day, who would it be?
  2. What unique horsemanship skill do you possess?
  3. English or western?
  4. Would your horse have an accent? If so, what would it be?
  5. Have you ever met any of your fellow bloggers?
  6. What is your favorite vacation spot?
  7. Do you have any other pets besides your trusty steed?
  8. Have you ever ridden bareback?
  9. Who is your favorite clinician?
  10. Urban, suburban, or rural living?
  11. What is your favorite food?

I'm going to try hard to not repeat anyone else's nominations. Here we go:

11 Nominations:

20 comments:

  1. SO you would be able to find your baby brother stolen by Jareth the Goblin King, in like a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet your balls I would. Sorry, David Bowie. (that movie used to scare the shit out of me.)

      Delete
    2. Me too, but I bought it on DVD as an A-Dult and <3 it, except Jennifer Connolly's character frustrates me to no end.

      Delete
  2. lol, I ruined my hubby's vegetarian diet and the driving eta accuracy is totally useful. I also played at the violin, never well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby ruined my vegetarian diet lol

      Delete
  3. Love it Carly.
    My boy used to drink almost any soda straight from the cup or bottle. The only one he refused, and I totally agree with him, was Dr. Pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure those talents aren't useless! Thank you for my nomination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the girl on the horse is smiling and the horse looks like his head is about to spin off!

    Also, the walk is my favorite gait too! So under-rated and so hard to honestly do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel as though the picture is an accurate representation of how Bobby and I do dressage.

      Delete
  6. I was named after Carly Simon too!! lol Our parents should be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have quite a set of talents! The maze thing is pretty cool, the mileage is definitely useful especially when towing ponies, and I bet the flexible leg helps with Bobby's antics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FYI I also nominated you for the award. love your blog!
      http://eventingincolor.blogspot.com/2013/06/liebster-love.html

      Delete
  8. The maze and eta are VERY helpful skills!
    Thanks for the nomination, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Thank you for the inspiration you provide! I know you have already been nominated before I got to it, but I just wanted to add my voice (and play along).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Team penning looks so fun! Also, I love that dressage meme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That for the shout out for my blog - even though I am a serious slacker lately...moving is a bitch!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.