So several people nominated this blog for the Liebster award: Equestrian at Hart, Grey Brook Eventing, Fly On Over, and Equinpilot. First of all, thank you! I'm glad our trials, tribulations, and general lack of success in all things horse-related have inspired such love.
I was awarded this last year as well, but never actually put forth any effort into answering the questions. Also, last year you got a cheesy graphic as a prize. So here's one to pop onto your side bar:
Since multiple people sent this bad boy over here, I'm going to be clever and answer multiple questions. Now I may do math like Justin Timberlake, but with four blogs, I'm going to make it 12 questions and answer three from each blog. Fair enough? Then let's get on with it!
How to Accept the Award: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts:
- I'm like a savant when it comes to mazes. Give me any maze on the entire planet and I can find the way through it in one go without ever having to backtrack and hesitate. It is quite possibly the most useless skill on the planet.
- Even if I've never been to a place before, if I know the mileage, I can predict our arrival time within five minutes irregardless of traffic, weather, or speed. Another painfully useless talent.
- My parents divorced when I was in 8th grade, and I haven't seen or spoken to my father in two years. He sends me a check and a text on my birthday and at Christmas, and we're both perfectly okay with this arrangement.
- On that note, I haven't spoken to my sister in ten years and it is absolutely the best decision I have ever made.
- I was a vegetarian for eight years.
- Hubby is not actually my Hubby. Right?! We're only engaged. We were planning our wedding when both our families went bridezilla on us without actually being the bride, and we agreed to indefinitely put a halt to wedding planning until we both got excited about it again.
- I had a speech impediment growing up--I couldn't say my Rs.
- I was named for Carly Simon.
- I used to play the violin.
- I don't drink alcohol. I can count on both hands the number of drinks I've had my entire life. I hate the taste of all things alcoholic, no matter what it is.
- I can put my leg behind my head.
|my sister and i totally faking liking each other at ages 12 and 10.|
also, look how fashion forward i was with those bangs.
- If you could travel to any place in world, where would it be and why?
- Africa. I don't have a specific reason, it just seems so fabulous. It's definitely on my to-do list.
- Name one attribute that would be a deal-breaker for a horse you would like to purchase?
- If it was a mare, or grey, or not an OTTB.
- Favorite famous racehorse?
- What is your horse's favorite treat?
- Carrots. Seems cliche, but he goes crazy for them.
- Describe your dream barn.
- Four stalls with a tack room, feed room, and individual runs off each stall. No boarders allowed.
- Cats or dogs?
- I love my kitties to death, but if I could only have one, it would be dogs.
- Discipline you would like to try:
- We're going to try to make it team penning this year. Can't wait!
- What was your inspiration to start riding or being involved with horses?
- When I was five and my sister was seven, my mom wanted to get us involved in outside activities. We both signed up for dance classes, but I failed at that immediately so I tried horseback riding instead, and here we are today.
- Favorite color?
- Name one fear.
- Only one? How about being eaten by a fucking shark?
- What is a funny fact about your horse?
- He loves Mountain Dew. He is an addict.
- Favorite gait?
- The walk.
11 Questions for you, from me:
- If you could assume the identity of any person for one day, who would it be?
- What unique horsemanship skill do you possess?
- English or western?
- Would your horse have an accent? If so, what would it be?
- Have you ever met any of your fellow bloggers?
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- Do you have any other pets besides your trusty steed?
- Have you ever ridden bareback?
- Who is your favorite clinician?
- Urban, suburban, or rural living?
- What is your favorite food?
I'm going to try hard to not repeat anyone else's nominations. Here we go: