Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bra Wringing

No, I have not become some crazy feminist since the last time I posted. Bra wringing is referring to what I had to do to get the gallon of sweat out of my bra when I got home today. I couldn't even throw that thing in with the rest of my dirty laundry. It took a shower with me before it went in the hamper. It was that gross. Can I get a big "Hell yeah!" for east coast humidity?

So today Sarah and I decided that we should probably run through our tests in the large arena at least once. Since Sarah hasn't ridden her test at all yet (she's doing 1:1), Bobby and I paved the way and ran through it for her.


Oh my goodness, he was so naughty. He looks like he's just being a bit of a Tensey McTenserson at parts (and I look like a total idiot for not realizing he picked up the wrong canter lead until halfway through our circle--derp), but he was like, "Can I get away with this? What about this?" I had to be all, "Wuh-bam! Shut down!" every two seconds. No trot lengthening to speak of, questionable geometry, and overall not a pretty picture. However, he's doing "real" dressage in the outdoor. That was not at all possible last year.

Sarah ran through the test next and I attempted reading the test for her, filming her, and making Bobby stand still all at once so her test consists of the sky, my leg, my saddle, and the ground. Bobby finds standing still terribly dull.

She did look good though for not having done a test in years. Memphis tends to curl behind the bit from lots and lots of draw rein use when he was showing with his former owner, and Sarah tends to get too busy with her hands, but Memph can still stretch and lengthen like a pro. They'll do well on Sunday.

We both ran through it again with much more relaxation on Bobby's end and way better geometry on Sarah's end. Sarah started cooling Memphis out as I went through 1:2. Bobby was going quite acceptably until we got to the fucking leg yields. Being in the outdoor where he really did have to go straight from I to X and L to X made his brain explode. It's only a few strides, but he knew the 10m turn meant a leg yield was coming and he wanted to do it NOW!

So of course he had a melt down.

We worked through the first tantrum with a simple circle, doing the leg yield at the walk, and then coming back and picking up the movement in the test at the trot without issue. The second leg yield he went absolutely ballistic.

You know your horse is the conductor of the I'm a Total ASSHAT train when he starts spinning, backing, and half rearing and the person you're riding with ignores it and starts texting. Just another day in the life of Bobby Magee.

He finally decided he could participate again and we finished the test with only one more minor fight.

This might be the first time I actually get eliminated in dressage. Challenge accepted, Robert.

Challenge accepted.

*As a side note, I am aware a few people have given me the Liebster award. I will participate sometime this week. In the meantime, thanks for enjoying me and my horse's shortcomings! We strive to not succeed here at Poor Woman Showing.

8 comments:

  1. He has such a nice canter. Good luck this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Indiana and its hot and humid most of the summer. I understand the wringing the bra out. It is nasty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heat and Humidity want me to die. That's enough to make me throw a bobby tantrum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for a Liebster Award :) Check it out here!
    http://www.equestrianathart.com/2013/06/liebster-share-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, i can't imagine riding in the humidity, hot and dry is bad enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only you can make lower level dressage interesting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally feeling you on the bra-sitch as I live on the east coast too :(

    Check out/subscribe to my blog if you would like:
    www.kingofthefaeries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. "You know your horse is the conductor of the I'm a Total ASSHAT train when he starts spinning, backing, and half rearing and the person you're riding with ignores it and starts texting. Just another day in the life of Bobby Magee."

    Thanks for another LOL moment! Hope yall have a great time if nothing else sun!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.