Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Video, Pictures, and a Ride

Sunday's dressage test. Observations: I need to ride instead of just sitting there like a hot mess. That is all.

Dressage Pictures. Continue on page 12. The only one where it looks like we kind of, sort of look like we know what we're doing is the trot at H.

Stadium Pictures. Also continue on the next page. Robert looks adorable and my leg stayed where it was supposed to. Double win.

No xcountry pictures! She has one of the girl before me and one of the girl after me, but none of me. Fail.

I checked on him Monday and his legs were nice and tight. He got yesterday off as well, and had an easy thirty minute ride today. I did my dressage two point during warm up and while I really wanted to at least equal my previous 10 minute time, I only got 5 minutes done. Yikes. Needless to say that I'm going to be working on that every day.

BO observed in our last lesson that Bobby looked a little "stuck" in his neck at the withers where his old injury site is which might be why he was throwing such a hissy fit about dropping his head. He's getting worked on on Saturday so I'll see what Massage Lady has to say. In the meantime, instead of working on a dressage-y frame, I asked him to go long and low today. He did pretty well--nothing pretty or fancy, but he was very responsive to my aids for once. We finished off with a few simple changes across the diagnol which he nailed every time. It's time to start working on flying changes, I think.

When we were done, he had baby foamy lips! Nothing too crazy, but even a little bit of foamy lips after an obedient ride counts as a success to me.


Aaaand...best of all, my old college roomie, Jen, made me a bunch of bracelets from Red's tail.


blue and gold beads, of course.
I love how tight and smooth she made the braids. Jen makes custom bracelets for $5 a piece. If you want one, let me know and I'll get you in contact with her. She did all five (!) of mine in two days and sent back the extra hair. I think she also does key chains. She needed very little hair to get them done, so you can totally take a snip of your current horse's tail.

4 comments:

  1. Those bracelets are lovely!! I want one. How do I contact this mythical Jen before she jacks her rates up to what they probably ought to be?

    You and Bobby look great. :-) You've come so far in just a short time. Even just the last couple weeks have been huge strides forward. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bracelets, I'm also interested!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Bobby look great :)
    Love the bracelets!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.