Thursday, May 24, 2012

Enough already!

Well, that riding victory was short lived. I needed some serious pony time due to unbelievable crazies going on in my life right now. However, BO greeted me with, "Your horse sprung a shoe." WHAT?! ARGHBLRGHGBLR!!!

Fortunately, there were two farriers at the barn so one of them was kind enough to tack the stupid thing back on for me for the price of a coffee. Of course it had to be the foot that he has the puncture in so he was too ouchie for me to ride. Urgh. The farrier seconded my farrier's venice turpentine remedy which he was due to start today anyway, so I dutifully slathered the sticky stuff on. I also strapped bell boots to his effing legs and left a note on the board that he had to go out with them on. I've tried this before and he tore them to shreds one time and lost them somewhere in his giant pasture the second time so I just gave up. Now I'm going to start a bell boot war with him. Stop screwing up your feet, Robert!

2 comments:

  1. awww not having much look hope his hoofs better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! So sorry! Not sure if you have tried or not but pull on bell boots were my savior cause Henry could get the ones with velcro off :)

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.