Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A or B?

I'm filling out my entry for Burgundy Hollow Horse Trial Mix 'N Match (Oct. 2), and I can't decide if I want to do the BN Test A or Test B. I have to do Test B for Bucks the next weekend (Oct. 9), but it's a big step up from Test A (I know, I know. I'm pathetic.) and I only just started riding it yesterday. Test A is very easy and very straight forward, and there are alot more movements in Test B. Case in point: I rode it twice yesterday and forgot the trot circle to the right both times! I just kept changing directions, lol. But at the same time, Burgundy Hollow is supposed to be easy-peasy jumping-wise, so theoretically, it would be a good place to test the waters and get feedback on Test B before heading out to Bucks where the cross country is more intense. Hmm....

Here is Test B for the first and second times ever from yesterday. They are scary. There is a lot of room for improvement, to say the least. Red is definitely feeling his new feeding. He's moving with a lot more umph which is good because he's dressage comments have always been to have more impulsion and not be so sluggish, but it means we have to go back to downward transistions so we're not falling into them. And, as always, he needs work on his right lead at canter.

video

video

There was a horse right outside the gate getting tacked up outside its trailer, so Red didn't want to turn down the centerline. I also dropped my stirrups another hole, and while I was a little wiggly, I like them like that and I think that's where I'll keep them for dressage. We don't look great by any means, but I do like that Red's actually picking up his feet and not dragging his toes anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.